Negotiating with International Partners
Optionale Frühbucher-/Aktionsinfos: Ermäßigungen sind nicht addierbar. Irrtümer und Preisänderungen vorbehalten.
- Negotiating successfully is based on smart and comprehensive preparation
- Negotiation strategies and the extra value of principled negotiations
- Integrative negotiations focus on interests not positions (HARVARD CONCEPT)
- Strategic and detailed preparation as success factor
- Analyse your partner(s) carefully and in detail!
- What are their roles and main influencing factors (systemic negotiations)?
- Assessing personal characteristics and mental programs to argue effectively
- Dealing with and using emotions in negotiations
- Professional state-management to support your self-confidence in difficult settings
- Dealing with ¨difficult partners¨ and their emotions shown or “employed as tactic”
- Your negotiation ¨tool-kit¨
- The power of questions (e.g. for changing the focus, checking a correct understanding, moving forward, dealing with resistance and safeguarding your interest etc.)
- Tips for defining the best /most convincing arguments
- Tools for powerful and strong structuring and wording of arguments
- Masterfully dealing with objections and resistance
- Consequently keeping track of your goal – how to overcome ¨dead-end¨ situations
- Negotiation tactics – how to use the integrative ones and deal with ¨hard¨ ones
- The power of positive wording!
- Tips for considering intercultural differences
- Basic concepts of cultural differences
- How to consider and deal with them in intercultural negotiation settings
- Reflection of and feed-back on your personal strengths and potentials in negotiation
- Active practicing in small groups and comprehensive role plays
Due to the increasing internationalisation of business relations and an increase in international cooperations and projects, negotiations often have to be done in English – with customers, suppliers, local authorities or bankers as well as with colleagues or managers. Train your English negotiation skills and receive helpful tips for intercultural negotiation settings.
A variety of topics will be addressed within the course:
- You improve your English ¨Communication Skills¨ as non-native speaker.
- You strengthen your skills for negotiating with external business partners globally.
- You facilitate cooperation with other business units in foreign countries.
- You create sustainable relationships with your international partners, allowing you to cooperate most efficiently and effectively.
- You train your intercultural skills resulting in a competitive advantage in international business.
This seminar is designed to train the participants‘ negotiations skills in the English language. It is not a pure language course, thus participants should have a solid knowledge of English in order to benefit most from the training.
- Management & Experts
- Relationship managers, sales persons & purchasing managers
- Legal experts and experts from the planning and controlling department, the HR department etc.
- Members of international project teams
- Employees in public administration, being involved in international co-operations or projects
- Lawyers, certified public accountants and auditors
- People who are or will be involved in international negotiations, who want to train their skills in negotiating in the English language
Tel: +43 1 713 80 24